Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Very Sickly Valentine's

I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day.  Unfortunately, I came down with something nasty late Monday night that kept me pretty sick on Valentine's Day.  When I walked into the office Tuesday morning (Valentine's Day), I could barely talk.  My throat was so sore and scratchy.  By noon, I was coughing.  Now this wasn't just any coughing.  It was the kind that felt like someone was grabbing my lungs and trying to rip them out of my chest.  Boy did it hurt.  I ended up leaving around 1 and headed to my parents' place (even though I'm 24, it's still nice to be around Mom and Dad when I'm sick).  I kept on working when I got over there.

Sierra trying to help me work.
I got an email from a coworker when I was at my parents' place saying that flowers had been delivered to me at the office!!  My parents said they didn't send them to me so I texted Brett, who admitted to sending them.  Needless to say, I was sad I had to leave work early because I didn't get to see my beautiful flowers.

This morning, I didn't feel quite up to par but I went into work anyway.  I mean, I had to see my flowers... not to mention the massive amount of work we have right now.  The flowers were absolutely beautiful!  They made my sickly day a little better because I could look at them and be reminded that I am loved. Thank you Brett!!

Pretty flowers
The note that came with them. It's so Brett.

No comments:

Post a Comment