As I prepare to get married, I thought it would be a great time to reflect on my relationship with some special women who will be standing up front with me as Brett and I say our "I do's." First off, my Maid-of-Honor: Megan Lloyd.

Seriously, how beautiful is she? We're going to take some gorgeous pictures on my wedding day :) Monk, as I call her, and I met in ECU's Crusade our freshman year. I wasn't sure what I
thought about her. She's a blonde, beachy, beautiful woman. I quickly learned that she is one of the
strongest Christians I have ever met. Even if you're just around her for a short period of time, her quiet and gentle spirit is so apparent. I quickly learned she has an intense longing to see
lost people come to Christ. We became fast friends, hanging out at Crusade, at Krispy Kreme, and just any other time. Sophomore year, she joined me as we started the Black Pearl, ECU's Club Ultimate team. I am so incredibly thankful that she was on the team with me. I can have a temper when I get really competitive and in the moment, but she would always try to keep me accountable to my witness, whether it be the raised eyebrow, squeezing my arm, or talking to me about it afterwards.
Junior year, we decided to be suite mates. That year was such a sweet time of getting to know her better. We had late night dance parties, stayed up until the wee hours of the morning talking about boys, encouraged one another, and were there for each other through painful times and joyous moments.
Unfortunately, after I graduated, we didn't talk as much. I mean, we weren't living in rooms by each other anymore so that makes sense. The thing is no matter how long it's been since we've talked, we pick up right where we leftoff and jump right into the deep conversations. She knows my tendencies, my thought process, my struggles and sorrows, those moments that give me the most joy. She's my goofy, lover-of-picture-taking other half. She's my sister, not just my best friend.
I have learned so much from Megan over the course of the past 6 years. I can't begin to explain how much this woman means to me. I am honored and blessed to have her as my Maid-of-Honor. I love you Monk!












No comments:
Post a Comment