Monday, February 20, 2012

Go Heels Go

I wonder how many of my State friends will actually get past the title and read this post.  I cannot believe I actually typed Go Heels Go.  I guess that's what happens when you are engaged to a die-hard Tar Heels fan.  I'm still getting used to the fact that my liking of the Heels will probably increase the longer Brett and I are together.

Anyway, for Valentine's Day, I bought Brett and me tickets to the Carolina/Clemson game (little fact of trivia.  Before the game on Saturday, UNC was 55-0 against Clemson at home).  Brett got into town Friday evening and fell asleep by 8 p.m.  I guess that was good for me considering I'm still fighting this sickness.

Before the game, we went to Southpoint and bought Brett's wedding band.  He's such a guy. It took him all of 5 minutes to pick one out.  Brett wanted to get a navy, long sleeve Carolina shirt, which we couldn't find at the mall.  He wanted to go to one of the shops on Franklin Street.  I think I've mentioned this before, but I HATE traffic.  It makes my neck tense, causing a lot of pain, gives me a headache, and makes me really irritable.  Probably something I should work on.  Good thing Brett can handle me when I'm like that.  Saturday was sunny and 70, which meant Franklin Street was packed.  We ended up just parking by the Bell Tower and going to the student store.  I sort of cringe writing this... I bought a Carolina blue T-shirt.  Bah.

Since it was such great weather, we walked to the Smith Center.  It had been a long time since I had been on Carolina's campus so I had forgotten how pretty it is.  Definitely had a different feel than ECU.  We planned to go to the UNC Basketball Museum before the game.  Brett has never been and thought it would make his grandpa proud, plus he really wanted to go anyway.  Watching Brett walk around and look at all the showcases was touching.  There's so much history with the Tar Heels in Brett's family.

Brett and Dean
Washington Hatchet

Unfortunately, I couldn't pay $200 per ticket to get seats, so we were on the very top row.  Brett was kind enough to say that they were still great seats, although I felt guilty that I couldn't get him anything better.  I think he enjoyed himself though.  Clemson didn't really have a chance and fell 52-74.  Carolina's record against Clemson at home is 56-0.

A few rows down from our seats
Six national championships
Really, really like this picture of us.
Brett says Roy's form is decent.
Pretty good shot considering it was taken from the top row.
We went to Mellow Mushroom in Cary for dinner.  Yum.  It was a really long day; Brett ended up falling asleep at 9:30.  Sunday, we went to church then went to Mom and Dad's for lunch.  I'm thankful that we were able to have a down weekend, with some good food and a little bit of fun thrown in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment