Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bridesmaid: Jessica

Jessica is the closest thing I have to a twin.  We have such similar personalities, which at times caused some butting heads, but we also understand each other without having to talk about it. We both have hazel/green eyes, curly dark brown hair (that is one of my favorite pictures of her to the left...just stunning), and are overly competitive.  She is a little more outgoing than me, loves to have random dance parties, make weird faces for all of our pictures, and is extremely crafty.  Her snorting laugh can always get me laughing, along with her nuzzling.

We started as just friends who met in Crusade our freshman year at school.  Although she went to Middle Creek and I went to Green Hope (same high school conference), we had never met each other.  I was immediately drawn to her outgoing personality.  She just lights up a room with her smile and laugh.  After freshman year, we were able to go to Summer Project in Myrtle Beach, SC.  I looked forward to getting to know Jessica more.
Even though she was in the other girls' room, we were pretty much roommates.  We stayed up late eating and talking, got the same terrible tan lines from working at Myrtle Waves all summer, and just got to dig deeper into each other's spiritual lives.  I got to see Jess' passion for wanting to learn as much as she could about her God increase over the course of the summer and into the rest of our college life.  Her drive to know more and more has been an encouragement to me throughout the years.  She isn't afraid to ask questions, which is one thing I LOVE about her.


Like Megan, Jessica played frisbee with us sophomore year.  I think that is when I actually learned how much alike we are.  I really enjoyed having two of my best friends on the team with me.  It made the long practices, sore muscles, and frustrations from being on a first year team worth it.

She was my suitemate (Megan's roommate) junior year.  My life has seriously been so full of laughter because of this woman.  Her spontaneity has made me a more well-rounded person and enjoy life to a much greater extent.
We shared the apartment senior year of college.  There were wars over the apartment temperature, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  She is a very driven, creative person, which is one reason why she is such a fantastic elementary school teacher.

The thing I love most about our friendship is having the pleasure of watching Jessica grow in her faith over the past 6 years.  Don't worry Jessi.  Even though I'm getting married, there will ALWAYS be cuddle time for you  :)  Love you beautiful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment