For some reason, I started craving pancakes yesterday. Since Brett came into town today, I decided it would be fun to do brinner, breakfast for dinner. Here's our brinner menu:
- Bacon,
- Scrambled eggs,
- Sausage links,
- Cheese grits, and
- Pancakes.
 |
| Our menu |
Since I don't have enough burners to make everything on my stove top, I decided to bake the sausage links, which I think ended up tasting better than when I fry them. I added some milk to the eggs and set it aside. I don't like burnt bacon so I started cooking those first, knowing it would take the longest. I put the links in shortly after the first round of bacon was done.
It's the first time I have ever made pancakes by myself so it was definitely trial and error with how long to keep it on the second side. The grits were the tricky part. I've only cook grits once; they didn't turn out well. Considering Brett absolutely loves grits, I knew that would be the most scrutinized dish. It quickly turned into chaos.
 |
| Kitchen chaos |
Because there were so many things going on, I overcooked the grits :( They ended up being like a block instead of soupy, which is how Brett likes them. Overall, I think it was a tasty brinner.
 |
| Our yummy brinner |
No comments:
Post a Comment