We first discussed design and policies. One neat thing is Cinda makes an anniversary cake, instead of having to eat a frozen cake one year later. Then we got to do the thing I was most looking forward to: the tasting. Cinda made two 6-inch cakes for us to take home: red velvet and white cake with chocolate buttercream filling. OH MY GOODNESS!!! That red velvet cake was amazing. I could have eaten the whole cake right there. The white cake was a little too sweet for me, so Cinda said she could make a yellow cake with half chocolate buttercream filling and half mocha filling. I filled out the paper work and booked her two days later.
Mom picked up the yellow cake on Tuesday. It ended up that my dad wanted another red velvet cake because it was so good, so Cinda made that too. I have to say, I liked the yellow cake much better. Since Brett couldn't be at the tasting, Cinda told me how to store the cake so that it would be fresh when Brett got here. In case you ever want to store cake, wrap it in two pieces of saran wrap and stick it in the freezer. It should keep for about three months. Take the cake out two hours before you want to eat it and there you have it.
Brett was able to try all four kinds of cake last night. Like me, he liked the yellow more than the white, with the red velvet being his favorite.
| Brett trying the cake. |
| Clockwise from the top right: white cake, red velvet, yellow cake with mocha filling, yellow cake with chocolate filling. |
Look Cinda up if you're engaged. Her cakes are truly amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment