Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's a .......

GIRL!!!! I will be an aunt to precious little Laney Adyson Hickman come March.  Yesterday we went to Laura's parents in Clinton to attend her and Will's reveal party.  It was the first time I had met anyone in her (very large Italian) family.  They are so warm and inviting.  Her dad is the Godfather.  He's so cool. 

We ate dinner then eagerly awaited the cake-cutting. Will found out a little over a month ago what gender BH (Baby Hickman) is but kept it a secret.  Very impressive.  We were asked to wear blue if we thought the baby was a boy and red if we thought the baby was a girl.  All the Hickmans except Yogi wore blue.  Most of Laura's family wore red.  BH is going to be the ninth grandchild on Laura's side and the first on Will's. 

As Laura and Will were cutting into the cake, my heart was beating so fast.  The anticipation heightened as Laura tried to get the piece of cake out.  Lo and behold, the inside was red.  IT'S A GIRL!!!  Everyone started screaming.  I really thought Yogi would start crying because BH is the first girl born into his family.  He and Gail were just beaming.

Will and Laura, we are so, so excited to have Laney in the family.  I can't wait to start buying her things.  With Maggie and me, Laney is going to be so super spoiled.  I am such a proud aunt right now.  I love you Laney Adyson!

Laney Adyson Hickman
Braxton William Hickman
Yogi was the only Hickman who wore red.
Newly engaged!
Cutting into the cake!
Love the joy on their faces.
The Hickman girls

No comments:

Post a Comment