Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Gail!

November is a crazy month of birthdays.  Today, November 4th, is the day Gail (my mother-in-love), Megan (my best friend), and Peanut (one of Brett's best friends) were born.  I am thankful that I got to see two out of the three on their actual birthday!

This first birthday post is dedicated to Brett's mom. Gail is the epitome of southern hospitality.  She is one of the kindest women I have ever met.  She always makes sure to have some cupcakes when I come to visit, and she makes some amazing shrimp and grits.  Service is her main love language: she has one of the largest servant's hearts of anyone I know. Gail would give anything for her boys, and now her daughters too.

I have learned so much from her about being a coach's wife and mom.  I'm sure being the mom of three boys isn't easy...especially if you know the Hickman boys :)  I think her selflessness is her most admirable characteristic.  It's something that I have a hard time with, but a trait that is a necessity as a coach's wife.  She is one of the most selfless people I know.  I am thankful for the values she instilled in my husband and for raising a good, honest man.  Happy birthday Gail! Love you!

Beautiful picture. She's always smiling.
I love this picture. She was copying Maggie and my hand on hip stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment