Phew, my fifth birthday post of the month. We are celebrating Mimi's birthday today! My Mimi is one of the most polite women you will meet. She loves to use cloth napkins. Her clothes always match (I think recently she has started to pair down her shoes). Her table manners are impeccable (she is glad I finally learned how to cut my food properly). She is one of the best cooks I know...her chocolate chip cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts to this day.
Mimi is also extremely creative. We would alternate Christmas and Thanksgiving growing up. Growing up, she would direct us grandchildren in a production of the birth of Jesus or of what the first Thanksgiving meal was like. We would have scripts and costumes. We would fight over who could be Mary, but I was often an angel. So me, right?
I think her love of plays comes from her love of the written word. Mimi was the secretary to the superintendent, but after having my uncles and mom, she started working at the church library. I can remember visiting her during the summer and helping in the library. I would help her catalog the new books, stamping the inside and writing the library card for the file catalog. I would also help her shelve the books that were returned. I loved spending my time helping her with the library. She has such a passion for books.
She and my Pappaw have been married for over 65 years. Their love for each other shows more now than it did 10 years ago. Brett and I hope to have a life-long marriage like they have.
I love you Mimi! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
![]() |
| Mimi and Pappaw's 50th Anniversary |






No comments:
Post a Comment