Friday, March 30, 2012

On Repeat: It is Finished

As Easter approaches, I'm trying to think about what actually happened almost 2000 years ago and its effect on my life.  Often times, I don't really reflect on the meaning of Easter, that Jesus willingly died on the cross, experienced separation from God because he took on my sins, and defeated death by rising on the third day, allowing a way for me to be in relationship with God.  I think as a society, we don't like to think about bad things happening to people.  When I reflect on the Cross, I have to admit my sinful nature, which is sometimes hard to do because of my pride.

One thing I love about my church, Summit Church, is that its primary focus is to understand and reflect on the Gospel.  I feel blessed that the church has Matt Papa lead our worship, which is amazing.  He wrote a song called "It is Finished" that captures the purpose and importance of Easter.  Here is the music video for the song.  It is graphic, but I think sometimes we need to be reminded of the horrific events Jesus went through for us to make us appreciate the Cross.


No comments:

Post a Comment