Take a look at that beautiful picture to the left. The beauty is all due to Natasha. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she is even more beautiful on the inside. She is the essence of 1 Peter 3:3-4 to me: "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate
hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a
gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." (I should note that Tash is one of the best dressed women I know. Love her style).
I have loved my time of getting to know Tash . I think her unique life adds to her understanding of the Gospel. Tasha is from India (missionaries' daughter) but came to the U.S. to go to college and to work. She is a world traveler. She says that because she travels so much and is living in the U.S., she feels like an alien sometimes. It often reminds her that this world is not her home. She is made for more than this life. That is something I'll never forget: her keen awareness of not being of this world.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to her stories and insight. I could sit with her for hours just
learning about her upbringing, culture, and wisdom, not to
mention her amazing accent. Even though she's not married, Natasha has taught me
so much about marriage. Her parents had an arranged marriage, an idea that Natasha is open to. This idea of marriage in India has taught me that it should not be based on all the lovey dovey feelings, although those are
good. Marriage is choosing to love the person, despite their faults.
It's a perfect image of Christ's love towards the church.
I am thankful that I have a friend who can read AND understand C.S. Lewis and John Piper. You bring so much cultural knowledge, wisdom, and craziness into my life Tash. Love you. Mean it.

No comments:
Post a Comment