Monday, March 26, 2012

Stuck in the In-Between

Let me preface this by saying most of this post is an internal struggle of mine, trying to figure out where I fit in.  I'm very blessed with single and married girlfriends who don't judge me for being engaged and wedding-obsessed :)  Thanks for sticking by me during this socially awkward time for me.

Being engaged is an odd thing socially.  I'm between being single and married.  It can be weird hanging out with all single women, when all that's going on in my mind is stuff about the wedding.  I don't want to burden my friends with all of that.  I've heard horror stories of brides losing friends because all they do is talk about their wedding. I definitely do not want that to be me.  I constantly have to remind myself to stop being self-centered and ask how my girlfriends are doing.

There's not as much spontaneity in terms of hanging out with my girlfriends as there was when I wasn't engaged.  I have a ton of vendor meetings and am so exhausted from the busyness, traveling, and stress that I can't hang out with my friends as much.  Learning to say no for my mental and physical health has been extremely hard, sometimes leaving me a little lonely. 

I also feel slightly out of place when I hang out with mostly married people.  Although I learn a lot, I can't give anything in conversations because I don't have the personal experience of being married.  Brett doesn't live here so we can't do double dates often with married friends. 

Pretty much, I'm stuck in the in-between. Only 82 more days of that though.  Then I'll have a roomie for life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment