Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bridesmaid: Jennifer

BAHHHHH!!!  Jennifer. Jenn. Jenji. I cannot say enough about this beautiful woman of God.  If you don't know her, you need to get to know. Like, right now.  She is one of the most sweet and gentle spirited people I've ever met.  She actually reminds me a lot of Megan, my MOH. I met Jennifer in high school while running track (she was a year behind me).  We never really talked so that was about as far as our friendship went.

We reconnected at our Summit small group.  At the time, she was one of the youngest in our group, but became the leader.  She is extremely strong in her faith and full of wisdom.  She is one of the strongest prayer warriors I know.  I know if I ask her to pray for something, she is 100% going to do it.  She is a woman true to her word.  Jenji keeps us on track during small group by directing us to what the Bible says about issues, rather than what we "feel" or "think" is the right answer. I so appreciate that in her.

Jenji isn't afraid to ask the hard questions. Even though I may feel uncomfortable with some of the questions she asks, I know she's doing it out of love and in order to keep me accountable.  At the same time, she isn't afraid to be vulnerable.  I think that's something that makes her so special to me.  We can be vulnerable with each other knowing we're not looking with judging eyes and that we will ask each other about how things are going.





When I G-chat with Jenji, I can "see" and "hear" her making the comments because she has such a specific way of doing things, especially her gestures.  Once you get to know her, you'll understand.  She lightens me up because she isn't afraid to be goofy.  Plus, we (us in small group) are making her a more affectionate person...she'll give hugs freely now :) And I must mention that she and Paige have some of the most fantastic faces I've ever seen.  



Jennifer, I am so glad I've gotten to "walk life" with you the past two years.  We'll have a guest room waiting for you in SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment