This past weekend, I had my first wedding party: my small group bachelorette party. Kim wanted to plan a party with just our small group girls. We briefly discuss what I would like, a chill dinner at Kim's with some takeout BBQ. I should have known Kim and Paige wouldn't think that was sufficient for a bachelorette party!!!
All the girls kept everything quite. As soon as I heard I would need to wear jeans, a cute shirt (not a white one though) and some comfortable shoes, I thought maybe they had changed the plans. We started the night by going to the early Saturday night service. Then we rushed to Kim's, and could be there no later than 6. That made me even more suspicious of changed plans. We piled into a couple of cars and headed to downtown Raleigh.
I got so excited once I realized we were going to The Pit. I had actually been talking to Jenn about that the night before, having no idea we would be eating there the next day. The Pit has been featured in "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" (actually won the rib challenge) and "Man vs. Food." The place is so busy that Paige had to make reservations a week and a half in advance.
We walked in, and instantly, I said that it smelled like heaven. Being the BBQ lover that I am, going there was perfect. I'm glad they decided not to settle with what I thought I wanted by staying in for dinner. I ordered the pulled pork, potato salad, and cheesy bacon grits. Oh and let's not forget the biscuits and hush puppies!! Everything was fantastic.
| Not sure how a random sweet potato fry got on my plate |
| These women make me smile. From Left to Right: Top Row - Bethaney, Stacey, Becca, Kim, and Paige. Bottom Row - Me and Jenn |
I quickly learned we would be staying in downtown Raleigh for a little while longer. Apparently, there was a list of 8 things I had to do before we were allowed to go home. Here some pictures from the night.
| No idea what I was getting into |
| Take a picture in the men's bathroom. Don't worry. I knocked. No one was in there. |
| Ask a married couple for advice. The husband's advice: Always do what the wife says. |
| Yell "I'm getting married!!!!" If I didn't yell loud enough, Kim was going to make me do it again. |
| Get serenaded by a group of guys. More embarrassing for them than me. They sang "My Girl." |
| Picture with a nice car. Didn't want to touch it just in case it had alarms. |
We completed everything and made it back to Kim's by 10. We had some cake, watched the Ohio State/Kansas game, witnessed a hail storm, and talked. I can tell I'm getting old. We were all asleep by 1. The girls made some fantastic breakfast on Sunday morning. We had chocolate chip pancakes, coffee, bacon, doughnuts, strawberries, and blueberries. Yummy.
Thank you so much to all of my small group girls for throwing this party for me. I feel extremely loved and blessed. Thank you for an unforgettable weekend. Love y'all.
I live right near The Pit! And The Raleigh Times is right down the street from me. :)
ReplyDeletethat looks like so much fun!! what a creative bachelorette party :)
ReplyDelete