Monday, October 31, 2011

My Thoughts: Day 1 of Being Engaged

Today is my first full day of being engaged.  As I'm writing this, I can see the glimmer from my ring  :)  I just wanted to share with you all a few of the thoughts running through my head today.

1. Something Brett mentioned last night hit me for the first time: there is an end to our long distance relationship.  We've been long distance since the very beginning, which has been quite draining, so that excites me.

2. I am blessed to be engaged to a man who has such high character and is so well-liked.  Some of his players gave him a standing ovation when they heard we were engaged.  I think that tells a lot about him.

3. My mom is awesome.  She called her church first thing this morning to find out information about renting it for the ceremony.

4. I have the best bridesmaids EVER!! We celebrated tonight at GBN.  It was nice to see my worlds starting to collide: college friends and small group girls.  Michelle even bought me some flowers in the colors I have been thinking about.  They are so thoughtful and will definitely help keep me sane through the whole process.

5. I'm lucky to work where I do.  My coworkers were so happy, greeting the announcement with screams and hugs.

6. There is definitely a possibility that I will be overwhelmed with the planning process.  I'll feel much better when I have the date and place booked.  Task 1 in my list.  I've already started contacting some places.  If anyone has any ideas in the RDU area, let me know!

7. I feel so incredibly loved and am excited to begin this journey with Brett and involve my friends and family in the process.

Thank you again for all your well-wishes and prayers.  We appreciate them more than you can imagine.

Gorgeous bridesmaids. Three out of 7 of them.

3 comments:

  1. when are you guys planning on getting married?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the congratulation Solmaz! We are thinking either June 9, 2012 or June 16, 2012. Now it's just finding a place for the reception. I'm assuming it will be pretty hard considering we're restricted to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This summer! Enjoy the process :)

    ReplyDelete