Well this weekend didn't go exactly as planned, but how often do things really go 100% as planned?
La Farm Bakery was AMAZING! I had a croissant with egg, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Their coffee was even good. Keri and I talked about a whole bunch of things, one of which included family holiday rituals. It made me ready for the holidays and wanting to start my Christmas list for family members and friends.
John's Honda Shop worked on my car a little longer than expected. Now my car has new oil and new cabin air filters....free of charge. I'm a preferred customer :) I stayed at my parents' house all day, watching football, talking with my family, getting a home-cooked meal and playing with the dog. There's something about being at my their place. Even though I didn't grow up in that house, it feels like home: safe, warm, and welcoming. Here are a few pictures with the pup.
 |
| Such an affectionate dog. She can go to sleep anywhere. |
 |
| She's out |
I got updates on Brett's game through Twitter. They beat Brevard 36-6. Brevard was NGU's third straight triple option opponent. I've learned that there are multiple types of option offenses, making it so you can't use the same game plan just because a team runs the option. Plus, making option game plans take a long time and are exhausting. Glad Brett is done with option planning. It's even better that they went 3-0 against those teams this year.
 |
| Getting NGU updates. |
Chris, my brother, called me Saturday night to catch up. We (Mom, Dad, Oba, and me) are flying up there to see him next month. I'm getting really excited. He said he went to a real rodeo on Friday. They had the adult riders but they also had little kids trying to stay on sheep. That would be really entertaining to see. Saturday, he decided to go sightseeing, so he jumped in his car and drove. I'm excited to see the scenary. He sent me a picture while he was out. It was absolutely beautiful.
Today, I went to the 9 service. The Summit en Español pastor preached today while JD is overseas. He brought a very powerful word today, but that's for a later blog. I went to go see Jessica's new apartment this afternoon. I know she's excited about having her own place. Being able to cook and have people over is something she has been looking forward to for a while. Her boyfriend David was there so we had a fun time hanging up pictures and putting things away.
 |
| Yep they're made for each other. |
 |
| I think laughing happens a lot with them. |
 |
| Yay for her own place! |
Now I think I'm going to watch football (I'll actually get to watch the Colts play tonight) and start planning people's Christmas gifts :) Hope everyone's weekend went well, even if it wasn't as planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment