Sunday, October 30, 2011

Crusaders Win... Again

I was in Greenville this past weekend cheering on my fiancĂ© (then boyfriend) as they played Catawba. It was the NGU homecoming so there were quite a few people tailgating when I got to school.  When I stepped out of my car, I almost lost my breath because the wind was blowing so hard.  Even though it was sunny, I could barely feel it because the wind was cutting through all three layers I was wearing.

I was able to hang out with Brett a little bit before the game.  Ever since the first game I came to last year, some of the guys (especially the Chadwell men) have been calling me Mrs. Hickman and wife. Everyone has been giving Brett grief about when he was going to ask.  He even said before the game that his high blood pressure was due to that, although I know most of it is due to the game.

To be honest, the first half of the game was pretty uneventful and somewhat boring from a spectators point-of-view, with NGU leading 10-0 at half.  The second half started with a safety, putting NGU up 12-0.  The Black Swarm (NGU's defense) dominated the whole game.  I was sitting near Kelli (the defensive coordinator's wife) and Keonna.  Brett's parents were there this weekend too.  I love how we are always tense until there is about a 3 TD difference, then we can relax a little.  I'm looking forward to being apart of the "Football Wives Club."

Crusaders ended up winning 25-7.  Two more games to go.  Strike the stone.

Three great coaches right there.
I think this is Isaiah's punt or kick return that he returned to the 3 yard line.
Kelli and Chad have the cutest kids. 
Our last picture as boyfriend and girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. Well tell Brett that the Chadwell men never stop. Now that he has asked they will find something else to give him grief about :) He needs to give Jonathon some grief about Meagan now, haha

    ReplyDelete