Monday, October 24, 2011

How it all began: 1.5 years later

Today marks 1.5 years of dating Brett.  Now if you ask him, he would say we started dating February 19th instead of April 24th.  I don't count a dinner while he was driving from Greenville, SC to Greenville, NC as when we started our relationship.  His response is always, "That's when I stopped looking." Awwww. Sappy.

Anyway, I can remember that April weekend so clearly.  It was the first time I met his family.  Needless to say I was a little anxious about that whole weekend, especially since we weren't "official," although I would probably say we pretty much were if I was meeting his parents and staying with them all weekend.

Brett's brother Will had a show at Inlet View with his band Jaded Mayberry (if you want to check them out, click here).  Brett had a horrible headache, probably from the stress of me being there, so we went back early to his parents' place.  We were on the couch watching TV when he looked at me and asked me to be his girlfriend.  I probably said something like "Sure."  Typical Sara response.

So that's how our story started: a headache and watching TV.  Seems to sum us up pretty well even to this day. Looking forward to many more years to come.

My favorite picture of us. Tailgating with the Hollidays at an NC State game last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment