Thursday, November 14, 2013

Megan's Bachelorette

This past weekend, we celebrated Megan's upcoming nuptials to Kyle.  Rather than mourning the loss of singleness, I think we really wanted to celebrate the gain of a husband/lifelong best friend.  I am so thankful that Gail (my mother-in-love) was able to get us a terrific ocean front house on Holden Beach.  There were 10 of us staying in the house.  The house had 10 double beds in 5 bedrooms with three bathrooms.  It was absolutely PERFECT. 

After countless emails to the bridesmaids and other guests, we decided we would play a few games, go to Provisions on Holden for dinner, and just spend a relaxing weekend hanging out (which included Zumba for some).  Megan said that is what she wanted to do since she will be moving after the wedding.

I have to say, as I've gotten older, it's been a little harder for me to meet new people.  I get really nervous and don't know what to say.  Very different from how I was in college.  Anyway, Megan's group of friends are WONDERFUL!  They are all terrific, Godly women who have such encouraging hearts.  As someone who is recently (1.5 years) married, there are a lot of changes to life after getting married.  Everyone was honest, but encouraging that marriage is a wonderful thing.  Yes, it's scary, but it is worth it.  They are also extremely hilarious.  I was in stitches a lot of the weekend.

Below are some pictures from the weekend.  We all cannot wait to stand alongside Megan NEXT WEEKEND when she marries Kyle.  Love you Monk!


No comments:

Post a Comment