Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Mimi!

Happy birthday Mimi! People often say I favor my mom and Mimi. I couldn't be more happy about that.  Both are beautiful women.  I only hope that I favor them in personality some day too.

As I did with Oba and Pappaw, I'd like to share a favorite memory I have with Mimi.  Mimi loves to work in the church library.  One time when we visited, I went with her to help her in the library. Mimi had quite a few new books that she let me stamp.  After I stamped the books in two or three places, she let me write the reference card for each new book.  I felt so important to be given such a pivotal role.

It was during Vacation Bible School so there were a lot of kids in the library.  The kids faces would light up when they saw Mimi.  There was so much joy when they found a book they had been looking for. I was a part of that joy.  I felt so much pride being the granddaughter of a lady everyone loves.  I'll never forget those moments in the library helping her.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday Mimi!  I cannot wait to see you at Kyle and Megan's wedding.  I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment