Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Recap

This was Brett and my first Halloween as homeowners.  I made the mistake of buying Halloween candy about 1.5 weeks before Halloween.  Needless to say, half of it was gone by Halloween.  I had to go back to the store to pick up some more candy.  In total, I think I bought 6 bags.

Brett and I decided we would get some chairs and sit out on our driveway.  It was a great night, with a slight breeze.  It wasn't too cold, but it definitely felt like fall.  We had our first trick or treater roll in at about 5:45.  Uncle Si and zombies seemed to be the trend for this year's costumes. 

This Halloween experience was quite different than the ones I had growing up.  Parents would drop their kids off at the top of the street.  They would then either drive next to them as they went house to house or the kids would jump in and out of the cars.  We had a line of cars go down one side of the street, turn around in the cul-de-sac, and then drive up our side of the street.  It was actually quite funny. 

One of the coach's families came over to our house to get candy.  I love this family so much!  The kids are so full of personality, Quanza is super woman, and Issac is hilarious.  KaShanda also came over to get the Kit Kat monkey off her back. 

We ran out of candy at 8:20, with trick or treaters still in our neighborhood.  I felt sad having to turn off our porch light.  Next year, we'll definitely buy more candy.

I love living in a small town.  I didn't know how much I would like it initially, but we have great neighbors, everyone is so nice, and we live close to a lot of the coaches and their families.  God has definitely blessed us.


No comments:

Post a Comment