Almost a month later, I'm finally getting around to writing about our Easter weekend trip to Brett's parents' house. Not only did we get to celebrate the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, we also got to meet Laney for the first time. This post will be full of pictures of Laney. I won't even apologize for it because she's so adorable. You need to see her.
We got to Gail and Yogi's very late, thinking it would just be them and Sam at the house. We were so excited when we saw Will and Laura's car outside. We were finally getting to meet Laney. Brett held her first. He is just enamored with her. I was a little cautious holding her. Mind you, I haven't held a baby since my cousin Kate's daughter Daniella was born almost 2.5 years ago.
 |
| First time holding my niece |
Laney is simply precious. I don't know how else to say it. She has the quintessential Hickman nose. Her dark features are beautiful. Needless to say, Brett and I fell in love with her pretty quickly. After 10 minutes of me holding her, Brett asked if he could hold her. Silly uncle. We said goodnight after midnight, knowing we would see Laney the next day.
Before visiting Will, Laura, and Laney, Brett and I were able to meet up with my bestie Megan for lunch. We killed two birds with one stone by eating at Bart's so we could see our future sister-in-love Maggie too. It was wonderful catching up with my best friend. It had been too long since I had seen her.
 |
| How beautiful is she? |
 |
| Our good lookin' waitress |
After we had lunch, we headed over to Will and Laura's. Let me just say, they are naturals as being parents. Will has a gentleness about him when he's holding Laney. Laura knows exactly what to do with her. There is just something beautiful about watching them be parents. We hung out for about an hour or two. Brett fed Laney, Laney pooped while I held her, then we watched her play with the activity mat we bought her for Christmas. Perfect afternoon.
 |
| She's practicing her touchdown motion for this upcoming season. |
 |
| Wide awake |
 |
| Uncle Brett loves her. |
 |
| This is an Uncle Sam expression. |
 |
| Love this face. |
 |
| A daddy's love. |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures. |
Laney, Laura, and Will came over to Gail and Yogi's later that night for our early Easter meal. Brett's parents are smitten with their first grandchild.
 |
| Laney and Nana. |
We went to church the next morning, remembering what took place over 2,000 years ago: Jesus dying on the cross for our sins so we could be reconciled with God. What an awesome thing to be reminded of. After church, we had another lunch. We spent a little more time with the family and then headed home. I cannot wait until I get to see Laney again. She'll be at least three months old before that happens. Wow time flies. Thanks for sending us pictures regularly, Will and Laura!
 |
| After Easter service |
 |
| Laura is such a beautiful mom. |
 |
| Kate isn't exactly sure what to think about Laney yet. |
 |
| Laney in her Easter dress. |
 |
| Another one of my favorites. |
 |
| The happy family. Laney was fighting sleep again. |
 |
| Love my niece to pieces. |
No comments:
Post a Comment