Monday, April 22, 2013

Precious Laney

While we were in Montana, little precious Laney (our niece) was born.  Laura was induced Monday, March 11th, but Laney did not arrive on Monday. We anxiously awaited all day on Monday, but no word. Brett woke up super early on Tuesday because he was worried about Laura. We received sporadic texts from Yogi, Sam, Will, and Maggie throughout the day with updates about Laura's progress.  We got one text that said they could see a full head of hair, and then we didn't get anything for a few hours!! I was so nervous (not knowing it was normal).

We finally got the text that Laney had been born, that mommy and baby were healthy, and daddy was doing alright too :)  We waited for a picture of precious Laney, but got something even better: FaceTime.  This is when I am very thankful for technology advancements.  Below is one of my first interactions with Laney.

Look at those precious cheeks!

We officially met Laney Easter weekend.  I'll have a post with more pictures up soon.  Brett and I are so, so in love with our little niece.  She is beautiful and perfect.  We can't wait to spend more time with her.  Thanks for making such a perfect little girl, Will and Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment