Saturday, June 9, 2012

T-Minus 7 Days: Change but More of the Same

I get married in 1 week!! I'm going to TRY to do on post each day the next week.  We'll see if that actually happens.  One week until the wedding means a whole bunch of last minute tasks and lots of changes that are about to happen.  One of those would be work.  Yesterday was my last day of work for 3 weeks!  I've been working at the same place for almost 4 years.  Wow that's hard to believe.  I started as an administrative assistant, then became a research assistant my senior year in college, and was hired full-time as an analyst once I graduated.

I know I have been blessed working at Veritas.  I seriously have the most understanding, patient bosses.  Matt and Jason actually really dislike the word boss; they consider themselves my coworkers.  Anyway, I was planning on working until next Wednesday, but Jason told me I would need to be off the whole week before the wedding.  I already know that he was right.  I think I'm really going to need the whole week for my sanity.

My office the past three years.


One thing that has reduced my stress immensely is the fact that I can keep my job and work from home once I move.  That took away the potential of having to job search, plan a wedding, and move at the same time.  After I finished work, Brett came to the office to help me pack everything up to move it to SC.  I didn't know how much stuff I had accumulated over the past couple of years.  Here's the office after we packed everything up.  Hard to tell a difference since you can't see the whole room, but it was pretty sad. 

Bye bye office.

Even though I won't be at the Cary office anymore, I get to open up the South Carolina branch.  Thankful for the opportunity to have worked and continue to work for such an amazing company.

No comments:

Post a Comment