We're five days from the wedding!! Brett and I got our marriage license today so we can OFFICIALLY get married. I sent him off with Greg to coach the ECU football camp. It gives me a little time to get errands done, pack, and clean a little before the wedding. I went over to Mom and Dad's afterwards to hang out. I wanted to get some sun but about 10 minutes after I went out the their pool, it started to downpour. It rained the rest of the night. I helped Mom with the welcome bags and then Dad and I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I.
I've always known that family time is invaluable, but it's become even more so the closer that we get to the wedding. Brett and I have been blessed with amazing families. We have grown up with committed, Christian marriages all around us. I never realized how important that was until the last year or so. We have seen couples fight to keep their marriages alive and to put in the time in order to keep them fresh. I know I am forever grateful for that.
I'm so excited to have my family all together to celebrate our marriage. My mom's parents come into town tomorrow and then my family from San Diego, my brother, and my cousin come into town on Wednesday. Yay for family reunions!!!
Soooo exciting! Praying for y'all and all the amazing times ahead as husband and wife!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to get there!!!!! Hope you have some pool time today! love you
ReplyDelete