Wednesday, June 13, 2012

T-Minus 3 Days: Make Time

I will be the first to admit that I have not read my Bible nearly as much as I should during our engagement.  I easily got caught up in the wedding planning stress.  Like a lot of people, my diligence and intensity with which I read my Bible goes in cycles.  Even though you would think it would be the opposite given where I am in my life, I got sucked into wedding planning and am on one of the downward slopes with the time I've put into my relationship with God. 

I don't know about you but I can tell when I haven't been feeding my mind with Truth.  I get irritable, easily angered, and impatient. I worry and become fearful.  Those qualities are not good to begin with, but they are even harder to deal with during an engagement (for Brett and my family). 

I've known this was a problem but I thought my upcoming wedding was more important.  I had pushed to the back of my mind the truth that if I'm not right with God, I can't be the wife that He desires me to be nor the wife that Brett deserves.  This morning, I wanted to change that.  I started my day by reading my Bible.  I know it's only three days until the wedding but it's better now than later.  I feel more at peace today.  It's amazing given the level of stress I've been feeling.

Reading the Bible isn't something that I should have to "make time" for.  It's something that should be first on my list followed by everything else.  I know with today's world, everything moves so fast and there never seems to be enough time.  I need to be intentional about setting out some time to work on my relationship with God.  Hope you'll join me!

3 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment