Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Small Group Love

Tonight was a bittersweet night for me.  It was my last small group :(  These ladies have meant so much to me the past two and a half years.  They have walked with me through some difficult times, encouraging to rely on God and to dig deeper into my relationship with Him.  They remind me to focus on the positive instead of being the Negative Nancy that I want to be by nature.

I really enjoy that each of us is in a different point in our lives.  We have mothers who bring the parenting perspective into my understanding of God's love for me.  There are married women with no children who describe how a husband's love is representative of Christ's love for the church.  We have single and dating women too.  They help show me that while having a boyfriend is their heart's desire, God is sufficient.

I will greatly miss these women who have been so instrumental in my life the past almost three years.  I look forward to skyping into small group every now and then.  I love you all and can't thank you enough for your involvement in my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment