Monday, May 7, 2012

First Signs

This post stirs up a ton of conflicting emotions.  On one hand, it makes me excited for the future and to begin my life with Brett.  On the other hand, it causes some sadness and anxiety.  You see, I packed my first three boxes last night (I won't be moving until after the wedding, but packing little by little will reduce my stress level).  I took all my bells and books off the shelf in my room.  Here's what it looks like now (with a few things left over):


It's amazing how packing one little thing like a shelf can completely change the whole feel of a room.  My bedroom feels more empty, less like home.  Three little boxes are making it real to me that I am moving in less than two months.  Wow.

If you ask Brett, I'm an emotional person to begin with.  I have a feeling this whole moving away from my parents and a place I've lived since 2001 is going to wreck havoc on my emotions.  One thing I am thankful for is that God has been preparing my heart for this move the past two or so months. I can feel the peace He is giving me little by little as we inch closer to the wedding and the move.  My mom reminded me that God has worked like that with our four moves during my childhood.  He's doing the same for me as I begin this next chapter in my life.  For that, I am EXTREMELY thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment