Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Showered with Love

Sorry I haven't been blogging much.  Life has been insanely busy with work and wedding festivities.  One of those wedding festivities was a bridal shower hosted by my bridesmaids and my mom at my parents' house two weekends ago.  My grandparents, Mimi and Pappaw, drove all the way from Florida to attend the shower.  It was wonderful. 

My bridesmaids Megan, Jessica, and Michelle ran a whole bunch of errands before the shower.  While they were running errands, I decided to go to my parents' house early (to my parents surprise).  When I drove up, I saw a silver Honda.  My family doesn't own a silver Honda, and I didn't think my parents bought Brett and me a car as a bridal shower present.  Then I saw the license late.... OHIO!  My aunt and uncle, who we thought were NOT coming, decided to come! It really was the best present I got all day!  I've realized more and more through this engagement process how important family is so having them there was the icing on the cake.

What an amazing surprise.
My two beautiful grandmothers


All the women who set up did a lovely job.  The food was delicious.  We had everything from fruits and veggies to buffalo chicken dip and white trash to cake and tiger butter.  Yummm.

See even Sierra wanted some.
I had to wear a bunch of "bride" things (p.s., look at that gorgeous corsage)

We played some shower games, and then it was present time.  Ok this is a long aside but stick with me.  Have any of you heard of the five love languages?  It's a concept by Gary Chapman which states that people give and receive love in five different ways: acts of service, physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, and gifts.  If you are in a relationship or even if you're not and just want to see how you receive love from friends and family, I highly suggest you read the book and take the quiz to figure out which language you speak.  I've taken the quiz multiple times.  My top love language is gifts, followed by words of affirmation.  I say all of this to say that I felt extremely loved at my shower :)

The whole group

I was told that each ribbon you break is a child you will have.  I am competitive.  If you make it a game, I will try my hardest to win (as seen in the effort in the picture below). 

No ribbons broken

We got some wonderful gifts.  To name a few, we received our pots and pans, our Keurig, and a ton of kitchen goodies.  Thank you to everyone who came to shower me with gifts and love.  I so appreciate having all of you in my life.

The beautiful moms.  Brett and I are blessed to have them in in our lives.
All the ladies (including Sierra!)
Small group girls
Bridesmaids (minus Paige)
The women who have been in my life since the beginning: Mimi, Oba, and Mom.
Best parents a girl can ask for.
My MOH
Fantastic 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment