The Hickman clan has added another ECU alumni to their family. Brett's younger brother Sam graduated with a B.A. in History yesterday. I woke up at 6 a.m. (VERY hard for me) in order to make it to Sam's 9 a.m. graduation. Luckily, Brett drove us there, singing at the top of his lungs. He has way too much energy for 6 in the morning. I guess it will be good for trips in our future. He loves to drive in the morning; I love to drive at night.
Ironically, when we got on Evans Road in Greenville, we pulled up right behind Brett's family. What are the chances? Anyway, we met Yogi, Gail, Will, Laura, and
Maggie and went into the stadium. Boy, was Brett nostalgic (for those of you who don't know, Brett was a student assistant under Skip Holtz).
 |
| The proud parents |
 |
| I love that face. |
I didn't go to the big graduation when I graduated so this was the first one I had been to. I was actually really impressed with the speaker, Dave McRae, the CEO of Vidant Health. He was a great speaker and kept people's attention. The sun was getting really hot by the time the ceremony was over so I am glad it started at 9. After the ceremony, we got some family pictures with the new graduate.
 |
| Sam with his parents |
 |
| Love this picture. So proud. |
 |
| Classic Sam/Maggie picture |
 |
| The original Hickmans |
 |
| Love them all |
We went to Parkers for lunch and ate WAY too much. Since we had some time before Sam's History Department graduation, Brett and I went up to the ECU football offices, and he showed me around. It was neat to see where he spent a lot of his college. A part of me is sad that we didn't get to experience ECU together, but God has His perfect timing. Sam's history department graduation lasted about an hour and a half. We went to the cupola after his ceremony to get some more pictures.
 |
| I can't believe we met graduation weekend three years ago. Would have never thought we would end up where we are. |
 |
| Distinguished ECU alums |
 |
| They are great together |
 |
| Father and son |
 |
| I look forward to many more events that we get to share :) |
Sam had to work the evening baseball game so the rest of us headed home. Since we were able to be home early, Brett and I went to visit our friends Kyle and Amy and their almost 6 week old little girl Grace Ann. It was wonderful to see them and catch up some. Grace Ann is such a sweet little baby. Kyle held her almost the whole time (he's such a natural with her). Amy was very open with me about her experience so far. I've always loved how she doesn't sugar coat what she wants to say. We're so excited that we get to share our wedding with them.
 |
| Kyle with Grace Ann |
So that was our Friday. Sam, we are so proud of you. You've been through a lot to get that piece of paper. We are so proud of your tenacity and perseverance. We love you!!
I absolutely love Mr. Yogi and Samuel. Those two crack me up! Glad yall had a great time!
ReplyDelete