Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wedding Update: Flowers!!

My little wedding family is growing! It really does feel like a little family.  Everyone has worked with at least one other vendor, and they get so excited when they hear we've brought another friend into the planning.  Today was no different.  Priscilla, my coordinator, recommended Brides and Bouquets to me as a potential florist.  She said Gregg, the owner, works within bride's budgets, which I appreciate.  He builds bouquets during the appointment while he's standing there talking to you and makes any changes based on your feedback.

Given her high praise, Mom, Oba, and I met him this afternoon for our appointment.  It was only supposed to last an hour, but we ended up staying for an hour and a half.  It was my first time being in a florist shop like that; I'm not really the flower-type girl.  We walked in and were hit by the fragrance.  The whole store was covered in different types of flowers.  I think Oba was in heaven. Gregg had a very thick Long Island accent.  It reminded me of Scheno.

Anyway, we sat at the table, where I gave Gregg some information about our wedding: number of bridesmaids and groomsmen and our wedding location.  Even though I had printed some pictures of bouquets that I liked, I came into the appointment pretty open-minded.  He took everything I told him, and while we sat there, he created a beautiful bridal bouquet with white peonies and hydrangeas.  To be honest, I was in awe of how quickly he made such a beautiful bouquet.  He then showed us how he takes some element of the bride's bouquet and incorporates it into the bridesmaids' bouquets.  Within about 20 minutes, Gregg had created two bouquets which I would have been proud to have at my wedding.

The more I told Gregg about the wedding, the more he was able to understand the vision (even though it's still forming) that I have of the wedding.  He ended up creating a couple more bouquets, showing me flowers I had never even heard of but loved.  Here are a couple that I really like.

Peonies of course (via oonefineday.blogspot.com)
Ranunculus (via bouquetweddingflower.com)
Orchids
Blue thistle (via Floral Artistry on weddingwindow.com)
Fresia

I think this appointment was one of my favorite engagement memories so far.  Part of the reason why is because it was so stress-free.  We just sat there and he did all the work.  We also saw things created in front of our eyes.  I had never seen anything like that before with flowers.  I learned a lot because I came in with hardly any knowledge of flowers.  It was special because Mom AND Oba got to share this moment. 

We booked Gregg while we sat at the table; another time we've booked on the very first appointment.  I've contacted many vendors, but we haven't met anyone that we haven't booked.  I'm grateful for this.  I'm so confident that Gregg and Brides and Bouquets are going to make our wedding beautiful.  Check them out if you need a florist for your wedding or any type of event.  It's worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment