Monday, December 12, 2011

Wedding Update: Color Palette

I looked at all my recent posts and noticed that this would be my eighth day in a row had posted on Saturday. Oh well. Seven out of eight days is pretty good.  As I've said before, I signed up for Pinterest before I got engaged.  For those of you who don't know, Pinterest is like a virtual cork board where you can pin your own ideas and browse other users' pins. The nice thing about Pinterest is when you pin a picture, the picture contains a link that takes you to the original site where the picture is located.  This makes it so you don't have to have a bunch of bookmarks.  Great for wedding planning and DIY projects.  I think I've probably said this before but any bride or future bride NEEDS to sign up for Pinterest.

Anyway, colors were the first thing I thought about even before getting engaged. I looked at a whole bunch of color palettes for our wedding.  I really love coral and tan (especially for a June wedding) and plum and gray.  Brett nixed the coral pretty quickly.  The only drawback with purple and gray is that it can be a dark-colored wedding, more like fall than summer.  I found one picture on Pinterest that I just swooned over.  It has the perfect color combination, although my purple will be a little darker.

Lauren Brooks Photography via Style Me Pretty
It's funny the type of faces I get when I say our colors are plum and lime green, but I think it's looks pretty.  The green adds the little summer pop that I want.

I love the suits in the next picture  A little different but I like them.  The color of the bridesmaids' dresses in the bottom pictures are similar to my BM dresses.

Benj Haisch Photography via Green Wedding Shoes
Still trying to look for some more inspiration for the color palette.  If you have any, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment