I didn't realize I stressed over the little things. Well, maybe I did know that, but I didn't realize it came so incredibly easy to me. One comment from a friend, and within a couple of seconds, my blood pressure is through the roof. If you want to read about some of the reasons why, look at this. (I'm working on trying to trust God that at the end of the day, even if the day isn't perfect, Brett's and my marriage will be a testament of His love to our guests.)
After I came to this realization, I decided it would definitely be beneficial to have a day-of wedding coordinator. I want to be able to enjoy my wedding day free of stress. I also want my mom, family, and bridesmaids to be able to enjoy it too without having to make sure the vendors are on-time, getting calls from everyone about where to be and what time, and dealing with any fiascoes that may arise that weekend.
When I looked at my budget, I realized that the budget tool I used didn't have hiring a wedding coordinator as a category! I've spent nights staring at my budget and hours talking to Paige, one of my bridesmaids and lover of budgeting and Dave Ramsey, about the areas I can cut to move money to a new category for coordination. Talk about stress (my parents have been gracious enough to pay for our wedding so I want to use their money wisely).
I started sending out inquiries to local event planners for day-of coordination. Most of them started at a price over my budget. I mentioned this to Lauren, my photographer, and she mentioned Priscilla Erwin of Orangerie Events. I looked her up and was intrigued by her blog. I sent her a message about pricing and heard back within 5 minutes! She wins the "Fastest Vendor Response" award. That was already a good sign to me.
Her Just a Taste package was everything I was wanting AND was within in the budget. Mom and I decided to meet her at Starbucks. Let me tell you, this lady is super cute and so southern! I'm hoping that maybe she can give me some wardrobe advice :) She was really organized and took tons of notes. Like with Lauren, I felt at ease around her. At the end of the 1.5 hour conversation, I looked at Mom, and we both nodded. Mom paid the deposit right then.
I am thankful to God to be able to hire two vendors so far that I feel so comfortable around and that are so attentive. I never have to wait more than a couple of hours to hear from Lauren or Priscilla. I know Priscilla will make my wedding weekend/day go smoothly. You should look her up if you are wanting a fun, reasonable, and experienced wedding planner/coordinator.
No comments:
Post a Comment