Four posts in a row without pictures is a little much. If you're like me, half the fun of reading blogs is looking at pictures.
Last weekend, I went back to ECU to play in a reunion ultimate frisbee tournament called Ultimax. I was sad not being able to watch Brett's game in person (they lost to Delta State 23-28), but I was really excited to see all of the old Pearls. It had been almost a year since I had seen many of these ladies. We had a great time getting to hang out and "play" frisbee again. Here are a couple of pictures from the day.
 |
| Probably throwing a nasty break. |
 |
| Alyssa's layout |
 |
| Old ECU people and some State ladies. |
I went to Pirate's Den Saturday night to hang out with the girls some more. It had been a long, long time (probably last Ultimax) since I had been in a bar-type environment. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I'm glad I went because I got to enjoy more time with the ladies. I didn't realize how much I missed them.
 |
| Lovely ladies |
 |
| Typical Smeat/Jeffy picture |
 |
| Missed them so much. |
 |
| Heather seems to be out of practice for cheesing pictures :) |
Megan and I went to Grace Sunday morning. Grace has always felt like family to me. No matter how long I've been away, Pastor Mike and the ladies from the Monday night Bible study I used to go to make me feel right at home. Lori, one of the ladies from the Bible study, and her family were the first ones to talk to us after the sermon. I guess her husband Anthony saw Megan and me slip in late. Whoops. After telling her I was engaged, she just reminded me of all the times the Bible study told me that God had a perfect plan and perfect timing. She couldn't be more right. I'm so grateful for their influence in my life during college.
Sunday night, I went to the Oaks at Salem Open House with Mom and five of my seven bridesmaids (we missed you Laura and Paige!). It was my first real bridal event. We were able to taste some great food, talk to some vendors, and take silly pictures. I'm so glad that they got to see the venue. I had forgotten how beautiful it is.
 |
| Meesh, Jess, me, Tash, Meg, and Jenji |
 |
| Mom has been so much help. Love her! |
|
 |
| Fun photo booth pictures with the bridesmaids |
Well that's the recap from last weekend. As I'm writing this, Brett is sitting next to me watching Elf. I'm going to try on wedding dresses tomorrow, and we're going to talk to the pastor at FBC Cary on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend :)
You will love First Baptist Cary! That's the church I've gone to my whole life and still go to :) You can come to Sunday School with me if you want whenever! We have a great group! But you will adore Pastor Jay ... tell him you know me!
ReplyDelete