Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012! January Goals

Happy 2012 (one day late). 2011 went by so quickly.  So much happened, namely me getting engaged.  I won't write too much in this post because as I'm typing, Brett and I are watching football, but I just wanted to do a recap of my December goals and think through my January goals.  I'll do a longer post in a couple of days to tell everyone about our Christmas vacation.  It was certainly an eventful one.  Here are my goals from last month:
  • Focus on the Gospel and become more aware of what Christ has done for me, instead of focusing on myself and what I can do to gain His approval.  This will be an ongoing goal.
  • Don't get hurt at Ultimax.
  • Insure my engagement ring.
  • Meet with the pastor at FBC to book the church.
  • Hire the following vendors:
    • Wedding planner
    • Caterer
    • DJ
    • Florist
  • Finalize the guest list.
  • Pick out a wedding dress.
  • Start the registry process.
  • Start to exercise more and eat more healthy. Gotta get into wedding shape! I started at the end of the month but didn't do as much as I wanted.
  • Make a budget for Christmas presents and stick to it!
  • Enjoy time with my and Brett's family.
  • Take more pictures. Ongoing goal.
In addition to these goals, I was also able to order bridesmaids dresses and hire a designer for invitations!! I had planned on doing that in January, but it worked out that I got it done in December, which is great.  In January, I hope to do the following (sorry that most of them are wedding goals...again):

  • Focus on the Gospel and become more aware of what Christ has done for me, instead of focusing on myself and what I can do to gain His approval. Ongoing goal.
  • Hire the following vendors:
    • DJ
    • Baker
  • Finish the registry process. 
  • Reserve blocks of hotel rooms for our guests. 
  • Book our honeymoon.
  • Take engagement pictures and send out save-the-dates.
  • Work on the words for the invitations.
  • Run once a week (you have to start somewhere right?).
  • Take more pictures. Ongoing goal.
I think that should be enough to keep me very busy in January.  What are your 2012 or January goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment