I know the title of this blog post is grammatically incorrect. Don't yell at me Miss Collins ;) I'm hoping our wedding will be where the party is on June 16, 2012. McSound Productions should be able to help with that. That means: we finally booked a DJ! One more thing to cross off my January goals.
I heard about Brian, owner of McSound Productions, through my photographer Lauren. She said that he was super nice, very professional, and didn't chat a lot. Brett and I do not want a DJ who wants all the attention on himself. Lauren even started the process by sending him a message to see if he was open on our date, which he was.
Brian and I sent a few emails back and forth, particularly about the tent lighting. Within an hour, he contacted April, owner of our reception site, about who the tent rental company was so that he could call them and see how much weight the tent frame could hold. Going that extra step told me a lot about the type of vendor he is...I hadn't even booked him yet and he was already going through those lengths to give me an accurate estimate!
Mom and I met with him last Thursday. He was very professional and easy to talk to (just like Lauren said). Because Brian began his career as a club DJ, I think he has a lot of experience in how to read a crowd. Plus, he started his career in the 80s so he knows the kind of music Brett enjoys :) I'm looking forward to going through Brian's 10,000 song database with Brett. I'm sure I'll get plenty of serenading. Welcome to my wedding family McSound Productions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment