Thursday, January 26, 2012

Free Shopping

What? Shopping without spending money?  Those words don't seem to go together.  Well, that's one thing that I LOVED about registering.  It may sound a little selfish, but I loved being able to shop knowing that I wouldn't be the one spending money.  Thank you to all of our guests in advance :)

We (meaning I) decided to register at Macy's, Crate and Barrel, and Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Brett went with me the first time we went into Macy's.  He was such a trooper.  I let him do the scanning.

Happy scanner.

The one thing Brett said we just HAD to register for was a Keurig.  It was the first thing he scanned.  We also saw a quilt at Macy's.  I knew that I wouldn't want to get something really heavy for the bed since I already get hot sleeping by myself, so this was perfect.  Surprisingly, both of us really liked it.

Keurig single cup coffee maker
Martha Stewart's Carved Dahlia Quilt
We only registered for about an hour (Brett was thankful for that).

Post-registering

I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and Crate and Barrel by myself the first couple of times because I wanted to be able to take my time looking at things without of having someone follow me around.  The hard part about registering is figuring out from which store you want to buy things.  I could get towels at any of the three stores so I had to go around and look at all the stores and then decide.

I decided on Hotel Collection towels from Macy's.

Mom really wanted to see some of the things we were registering for so she and Oba met me at the mall last weekend.  When we were in Crate and Barrel, Mom said I needed to add some color to the kitchen (our dishes are white) so she suggested adding this bright teakettle to the list.

Chantal Yellow Bridge Teakettle

I really like what we finally decided to put on the list, but I'm sure I will be editing the list throughout the process.  Are there any products you would say are a must?

2 comments:

  1. I like the tea kettle. Your mom is right, it will add great Color to the kitchen. I think that I need to go buy one for myself now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms are always right :) Neither Brett nor I drink tea but Brett likes hot chocolate so we'll get some use out of it. Plus, it's just really cute.

    ReplyDelete