We're in the final countdown. I have started to make a list of things to pack in our hospital bag. Thank you to everyone who commented on my Facebook post about what to bring or what I can leave at home. It was really beneficial. I've washed a couple of outfits for Henry, but am leaving most of his clothes unwashed until he is born, that way we know what size he'll be. My mom said my brother Chris was in newborn for only a week, while I was in them for over a month. We don't expect Henry to be huge since both Brett and I were around 7 pounds, but you never know.
Brett is home from recruiting after being gone all week (I survived!), and actually said that it looked like Henry dropped a little bit. I thought so too, but if Brett sees that, I definitely think it's true. Henry's movements aren't really quick kicks anymore, but more like waves. His new thing to do is push what I think is his foot into the side of my stomach so you can see it sticking out. Sometimes it's so uncomfortable that I lightly push back, and he moves.
He's still a pretty active little one, especially at night. However, this afternoon, I think Piper woke him up while we were playing. He had been really still for a while, but he started moving when she laid down on my stomach and started barking. Both Brett and I are praying that they will be best pals. Piper is great with the little girls across the street, so I think we'll be fine. She's also pretty gentle with Oba, like she knows she can't be rough because of Oba's age and instability when on her feet. Hopefully that translates to Henry when he's a baby.
We are in the weekly checkup phase now in the pregnancy. The last two appointments, I have progressed in dilation and effacement. I hear it's better that it gradually happens over time than real fast. I'm getting Braxton Hicks contractions more frequently so my body is definitely gearing up for the big show. Shouldn't be much longer until we meet our son!


No comments:
Post a Comment