Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week 38

Phew. Two weeks left.  This mama is feeling it.  Last Thursday, we had our weekly appointment.  I told my OB that I felt like Henry had dropped a little.  When she checked me, she said, "Whoa, yep he definitely dropped." 

Like I said in last week's post, it looked like he dropped some.  This week, I felt the effects of it.  Henry is pressing on my bladder a lot.  I am not exaggerating when I say that I get up every hour during the night to go to the bathroom. Sometimes, I can fall right back to sleep.  Other times, my acid reflux is so bad that it can take 30 minutes to an hour to go back to bed (Tums have become my side kick and one of my best friends).  Then, Piper wakes up with the sun at 6:30.  I haven't had a full sleep cycle in a while.

I joke, but I am partially serious, when I say I may get more sleep once Henry gets here.  I doubt I'll be getting up every hour to feed him (hopefully).  I definitely think it's God's way of preparing my body to not be in shock with the lack of sleep once Henry is born.

Even with the lack of sleep, I was in full nesting mode this weekend.  I cleaned the entire downstairs, including scrubbing the kitchen appliances and the bathrooms. Brett helped me move furniture so I could Swifter Piper's hair from underneath it.  I think there was enough hair for a whole second dog!  I tried to take it slow, but once I got in the mood, it was hard to stop.  I shouldn't have done as much because my back is really feeling it right now (plus I'm having a Braxton Hicks contraction as I write this). 

I've been having a lot of thoughts the past couple days as Henry's due date is approaching.  I hope to write about it this week. 

If you have the time, please pray for me to have the energy to work, as I'm working full-time up until I go into labor.  Thankfully, Brett has shown me much grace in the evenings despite me being exhausted and sometimes moody and irritable.  Enjoy my weekly update (where I have popped a bunch and dropped some).



No comments:

Post a Comment