On March 28th, my best friends and sisters-in-love threw me a wonderful shower. I had mentioned that a sports-themed shower would be really neat and had pinned a couple of things on Pinterest to give them an idea. Wow. They did not disappoint. Below are some of the amazing details.
 |
| Megan made this cute little banner. I love the colors. |
 |
| Kelci had this sweet and creative cookie cake made. |
 |
| I think Maggie made this banner for by the food. |
 |
| Jessica and Meesh made diaper cakes! So fun. |
 |
| Gail knows how much I love cupcakes from Ocean Isle, so she brought them as favors. |
Because Brett's parents live pretty far from us and I would be doing the driving by myself with spring practice in gear (hello being a coach's wife), we decided to do one joint shower with my friends and family, my parents' friends, and Brett's parents' friends. Needless to say, a ton of people were invited. We ended up with around 25, which was a great number.
The thing I loved most about this shower was that most of my extended family came! We had family flying or driving from Connecticut, Boston, D.C., South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. It made me feel so loved that they would take the time out of their busy schedule to shower Henry and me with gifts, fellowship, and love. Here are some pictures from before the shower.
 |
| Piper has learned what an Oba massage is from watching Sierra |
 |
| Daniella and Mimi reading Goodnight Moon. |
 |
| Uncle Rich and Aunt Nan seeing me with a belly for the first time. Love the reactions. |
 |
| Our family patriarch. Oh, how I love him so. |
 |
| Oba, because of her dementia, forgot Chris was coming. Her reaction was priceless. |
 |
| The "kids" table. Just missing Brett, Kyle, Sam, Adrian, and Cassy. |
 |
| My baby girl and my men, minus Brett. |
Most of my family came in before lunch so I was able to hang out with them before the shower. After lunch, most of the guys went to take naps since a lot of them had to get up early to make it by lunch time, while the women attended the shower. The shower was so much fun! Laura had planned a game where people filled out if Brett or I would want Henry to have an attribute from Brett or me. For example, who did we want Henry to get his personality from? Daddy. How about teeth? Mommy. Brett and I had filled out the answer key together. There were some things where we said, "Oh definitely not Daddy" or "Definitely not Mommy." We had a lot of laughs and fun thinking about what our little guy is going to look and be like.
There was also a there was a present with multiple layers of wrapping. Each layer had a phrase from a poem that described a person in the room, like who has on clothing with the most buttons. The person that matched the description would tear off one layer of wrapping, read the next line, and pass the gift to the person it matched. At the end, the gift came back to me. Inside was an NFL football that became the guest book! I loved it. The football, with names that would mean so much to Henry throughout his life, is sitting on his dresser in his nursery. I'll treasure it forever.
Guests also filled out little silver stars where they wrote wishes for me. I've been a little anxious recently so reading them has given me a lot of encouragement. They also wrote funny things on some diapers for some comic relief for me during those middle-of-the-night changings. I haven't looked at those yet, as I want them to be a surprise.
Then came the gifts, which were more than I ever dreamed. There were some really practical gifts, and also some really creative and heartfelt gifts. After the gifts, we got some group pictures.
 |
| Me with the hostesses: Henry's aunts and honorary aunts (my besties) |
 |
| Hickman women (and two little Hickman fellas too) |
 |
| Fantastic four |
 |
| Girl cousins! |
 |
| The cousins that made the trek to Mom and Dad's |
 |
| Silly picture |
 |
| Grandchildren with Mimi and Pappaw |
 |
| Henry and his great grandmothers. Such a special moment to treasure in my heart. |
 |
| Laura and Weston. Me and Henry. |
 |
| Henry with his Grammy (my mom) and Nana (Brett's mom). |
My family stayed until the next morning, since we don't get to see each other much. We just enjoyed each other's company and ate more food. Isn't that what happens when all families get together? One cute moment was when Mimi and Pappaw gave Daniella an Easter dress. Daniella loved it! She kept twirling around. Growing up, Mimi always bought me a birthday dress for my birthday pictures. She still had great taste in little girl clothes.
 |
| My bro |
 |
| Daniella modeling her new dress |
 |
| Excuse the tired looks. This was early in the morning. |
 |
| Henry's first Easter basket (and some candy for Brett and me) |
Thank you Megan, Meesh, Jessica, Laura, Maggie, and Kelci for hosting an amazing shower, and to my family and friends who made the weekend unforgettable. I love y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment