Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week 36

Holy moly. 4 weeks left. That is less than a month, y'all!  Yesterday, I looked up what to pack in our hospital bag.  That definitely made it seem real.  We have the nursery almost all set up.  Just a few details left and some organizing.  I am getting around 2-4 Braxton Hicks contractions every hour.  Thankfully, I have only had a couple that have been so intense that they have woken me up.  Henry must be moving a bit lower because I'm waking up 3-5 times during the night to go to the bathroom.  I think that's God's way of making sure my body isn't in shock for those nightly feedings. 

Last week I didn't write an update because the GWU coaches' wives threw me a shower.  I'll write about it sometime this week.  Today, Brett's and my Sunday School class hosted a shower for us as well.  Katie, one of our leaders, said, "Henry must be special."  You know, she's right.  I know he will be because of the influence all of the people who have supported us through this process will have on him.  They are some of the most Godly, loving, caring, and selfless people I know.  I have been feeling blah lately, but the overwhelming love and encouragement from friends, family, the GWU football family, and our Sunday School class have really given me a boost.  So, thank you for making these last couple of weeks more emotionally and mentally manageable for me.  I love each and every one of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment