Before I start this post, I want to say Happy Easter. Today marks the day that we celebrate the Risen Savior. Today is the day that the tomb was found empty. Today is the day that we celebrate that we can receive the free gift of salvation and relationship with God because Jesus conquered sin and death once and for all. Today is a celebration of LIFE! Today is a good day.
With that being said, Henry has been pretty full of life the past two weeks since my last update. The past couple of weeks, I have said that Henry likes to press out against my stomach really hard. Little did I know that it was something else. Hang with me for a sec.
Last week, we had our first baby shower, which was amazing. I hope to write a blog post about that this week. If not, I'll get to it eventually. Well I told Laura about Henry's pushing. She felt my belly and said, "Girl, those are Braxton Hicks contractions!" I seriously had no idea that's what it was. I try not to read much about my symptoms online because I undoubtedly think I'm dying, have cancer, or Henry isn't doing well (I learned that early in my pregnancy). I had no idea what contractions felt like. I told our doctor at the last appointment that I haven't been experiencing any contractions. Now I can say that I am, and have been for about two weeks. They seem to come around when I eat or when I am still then get really active, especially when I'm playing with Piper.
Aside from the contractions, Henry's been moving around a lot, getting hiccups, and starting to stick legs and arms under my ribs. His sleep patterns seem to be a little more distinct, but he likes to move around at night after I go to the bathroom. Makes falling back to sleep a little more difficult. I still seem to be carrying him high, but I'm sure he will be dropping a little soon. We are only 6 weeks away from his due date! The days are long but the weeks seem to fly by.
Enjoy my update and weekly progression below. Have a blessed Easter y'all!


No comments:
Post a Comment