I can't believe we're already 17 weeks along. Two weeks from tomorrow, we find out if we're having a boy or a girl. Brett and I can hardly contain our excitement. It's going to be a nice Christmas surprise. Next week, I'm planning on giving my answers to a lot of the old wives' tales. Y'all can vote about what you think we're having given that information. I think it will be something fun to do.
A 16 week update wasn't posted last week because I was taking time out to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family. Chris and Kelci were able to travel up from Huntsville to join us. Looking over the past year, I've realized I have been able to see my brother a lot more than normal. Definitely something I could get used to. We ate a ton of good food that Mom made; I'm sure Tot got his or her share of sweets for a while. Tot also got to hear the voice of one of my best friends, honorary "Aunt" Jess. It's a voice that will become very familiar to Tot over his or her lifetime.
Since Brett had to recruit last week, my dad drove Piper and me back to my house after Thanksgiving. He spent two days fixing up our house and other things. He attached my new side mirror to my old reliable Honda, fixed two of our bedroom doors that wouldn't close, and redid the trim of the door to the attic. I can't tell you how much money we have saved because my dad is the ultimate handy man. And let's not forget that I think Piper loves him more than both Brett and me. She was more than thrilled that he stayed for a couple of days. I am so thankful that my dad still spoils his baby girl, and that Mom can handle Oba long enough for him to be able to do so. Love you, Mom and Dad!
Well, that's a little update on what we've been up to the past couple of weeks. Enjoy the weekly bump pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment