Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 30

Sorry I didn't post an update last week.  Last Sunday morning, I had to take Piper to the emergency vet since she was having a hard time opening one of her eyes.  The rest of the day was a little bit of a blur, and I didn't get a chance to write a post.  She is doing much better after a week with eye ointment and antibiotics.  The feeling of helplessness watching her hurt was not something I enjoyed.  I guess she's getting me ready for motherhood.

I try to be honest on this blog.  With that being said, the last two weeks have been pretty tough physically and emotionally.  It is getting harder to work for the amount of time I need/want to work.  I have to get up multiple times an hour to walk around (which is probably good for me), but it's hard with how busy work has been.  My bosses have been fantastic about letting me do what I need to do to be comfortable, but my sense of responsibility and also feeling guilty get in the way.  I feel like I should be able to do what I could do before, but that's not the case.  There is a human being growing inside of me.  Right now, I'm struggling with understanding that and not beating myself up for having to slow down a bit.

On a bright note, Brett and two of his football guys moved the spare bedroom furniture out of Henry's nursery and into our bonus room.  That took such a burden off my shoulders.  With the furniture moved out, I was able to assemble Henry's crib, so now the nursery has his crib, dresser, changing table, and stroller/car seat.  I have yet to figure out where to put each piece of furniture, but my mind is at ease knowing he has everything he really needs: a place to sleep and the means to travel safely (with the stroller and car seat).  Thanks again to Brett's and my parents for those amazing gifts. 

Starting this week, we go to the doctor once every two weeks instead of once every four weeks.  I look forward to hearing our little man's heartbeat every visit.  Only 10 weeks left until we meet our Henry John.



No comments:

Post a Comment