Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week 31

Since this blog captures my thoughts, I figured you'd want to know what I am thinking right now.  Third trimester is a beast, and I'm not even that far into it.  Maybe it's because I can be a little dramatic and a half glass empty type person (just ask Brett), but these have not been easy weeks. 

As someone who loves her sleep, it's been really difficult on me (I know, I know, just wait until Henry comes). I wake up a couple times during the night to go to the bathroom.  Friday night, I actually woke up at 3:30 with my stomach growling.  You know that feeling when you're so hungry you feel like you may be sick.  Yeah, that's how I felt. I have yet to find a position that is comfortable for sleeping, so I move around a lot.  Yet moving is becoming harder to do because of this little boy.  I kid that it's been easier to roll out of bed or off the couch instead of trying to sit up, but that is completely true. I've had big dizzy spells the past couple of days to the point of feeling like I was going to black out.  That time was actually a bit scary.

I know I'm complaining, but I'm trying to be honest.  I hear how beautiful pregnancy is from so many people, but sometimes...it's just not.  Don't get me wrong.  It is a supernatural thing that God is doing inside my body.  I am in awe every time I feel Henry move, which is a ton.  When I read about how Henry is developing each week, it's amazing in the truest sense of the word.  There are just times when it's difficult.  Especially when you aren't sleeping well and have these the raging hormones that you can't seem to control (again, ask my husband, he's been a trooper with my mood swings). 

Phew, now that that is off my chest, I can tell you how excited I am for Henry's first baby shower in less than two weeks.  I got the cutest invitation in the mail that the hostesses (my besties and sisters-in-love) made.  Most of my extended family is going to be there, including my brother and sis-in-love from Alabama and my grandparents from Florida.   Henry is so, so loved by many already.  He's lucky with the family he has on both my and Brett's side. 

Well, take in Henry's development and my growing baby with this week's update.  Any prayers for some more comfort and less dizziness would be greatly appreciated!



The cutest baby shower invitation

No comments:

Post a Comment