On Friday, August 29th, I was feeling a little strange. I took a pregnancy test but got a negative. My body had continued to feel weird on Sunday, August 31st. I had some cramps, but not your normal about-to-start cramps. I had a little bout of motion sickness in the car on the way to church. All week before that Sunday, I had been crying over the silliest things. When I was watching the U.S. Open tennis tournament, I'd cry over someone succeeding and defeating the odds. And I'm talking the ugly, tears streaming down the face crying.
When we got home from church, Brett had to go into work. As soon as he left, I went and took a pregnancy test. I walked out of the bathroom instead of waiting for it to change. Before walking back in, I actually prayed, "Lord, please help this test be positive."
I walked in, and to my astonishment, there it was: TWO FAINT PINK LINES. I was going to keep it from Brett until I had some more definitive lines, but I couldn't hold it in. When he got home from practice, I got the test, walked out of the bathroom, and said, "Don't freak out." He saw what was in my hand, and his mouth dropped, followed by a, "No way." We were both happy, but somewhat scared.
That night, Piper laid her paws on my belly and head on my chest for the first time ever and fell right to sleep. I really think dogs can sense that kind of thing. It was precious.
| Piper the day we found out about the baby. Also, Piper's first picture with her sibling. |
Over the following two days, I took five more pregnancy tests, all of them positive and growing in color strength (I know I know, not many people get false positives, but I still needed to see those tests). We had to wait over 3 weeks for the first appointment, which felt like an eternity. At our what-I-thought-was-8-week-2-day appointment, we found out we were 6 weeks and 5 days. A little bit of a let-down. Anyway, we were still able to hear the baby's heart beating at 130 bpm.
Well, there you have it. The beginning of our little Tot's story (name given to our baby by Brett). We hope you'll keep us in your prayers. Keep checking in on the blog for more updates and stories!
![]() |
| Our announcement for social media. |

No comments:
Post a Comment