Sunday, September 14, 2014

Brent & Danielle

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of flying down to Boynton Beach, FL (near West Palm Beach) to see my cousin Brent marry his love Danielle.  I met Danielle briefly last year at Kyle and Megan's wedding.  With the little time that they had, she seemed like a sweetheart.  We were so excited when she and Brent got engaged.

Since Brett is in the grind of football season, I flew down to Florida by myself.  As soon as I landed, Megan and Kyle told me to change into my swimsuit so we could go to the beach.  I think it's the first time I've actually laid out on the beach since my bachelorette party 2.5 years ago.  Crazy.  Anyway, after about an hour on the beach catching up with my best friend, we headed to the hotel and got ready for the rehearsal.

The rehearsal was very well run, getting everything done within 45 minutes.  My favorite kind of rehearsal.  After the rehearsal, we headed to an Italian restaurant near the hotel. Mom and Dad had landed by that point.  It's the first time I've seen them in almost two months (definitely strange).  We enjoyed a wonderful family style dinner, some great (emotional) speeches, and lots of laughs. When all the rehearsal activities were done, Brent, Danielle, and their attendants went to celebrate.  I stayed at the hotel with some of our family.

Over the past couple of months, my mom and two uncles have been making a binder of letters and pictures in honor of Pappaw's 90th birthday next month.  They decided to give him the binder the night before the wedding.  I think he cherishes the written word.  I remember him telling me a letter is missing something if you don't include the date.  I've always included a date in any handwritten notes from that point on.  He was so appreciative and said he would read the letters once he got back to the room.


Rehearsal time
Beautiful view out of the country club
Two of the greatest men in my life
Cousins and their ladies
Love these women and their hearts
Last night as an engaged couple
67 years of marriage later and they love each other even more.

The next day was pretty relaxed, at least for me.  We went out to IHOP for breakfast, followed by some hanging out.  We then headed to the country club where Brent and Danielle were getting married.  Brent seemed so relaxed, but as time got closer, you could tell he was anxiously excited to marry his bride.  When Danielle walked in, she looked absolutely stunning.  I got choked up when I looked at Brent and saw him trying to hold it together (the groom's reaction to his bride walking down the aisle is one of my favorite parts of a wedding).  Just thinking about it makes me a little teary right now.  They had a heart-felt, Christ-centered ceremony.  When they did the sand ceremony, Cassy sang Oceans.  I just closed my eyes and listened to her beautiful voice.  And just like that, Brent and Danielle were married!

After the ceremony, we walked right around the corner to the cocktail hour.  There was some awesome food.  The reception was so fun!  I loved all of the dances.  Again, I cried when Aunt Nan danced with Brent.  The speeches were hilarious.  Danielle's sister's speech was one of the most unique speeches I've heard.  She had everyone in stitches.  Kyle's speech was funny, but sincere as well.  I know he's excited about having Brent and Danielle living in the same town as he and Megan.  Then the dancing started.... I could have sat there the whole time watching.  Well actually, I did.  Danielle's family loves to dance, as do their college friends. 

He's excited to get married.
Beautiful
First dance
Best man speech
They had to kiss every time someone rang a bell
Mother-son dance
Best friend and cousin-in-love
Love these two and the example of marriage they have displayed for everyone
Mom, Uncle Rich, and Aunt Nan getting down
Just like our picture from Colleen's wedding
Cousins by marriage. Love them!
Just missing Uncle Ed.
My favorite picture from that weekend.
Rollin' on the River dance
One of the last dances: New York

I really enjoy everything about Brent and Danielle's wedding.  Anything that involves family is something I don't want to miss.  I just love my family, and am so glad that Danielle is now a part of it.  Congrats to Brent and Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment