Today is one of my favorite days of the year. It's GAME DAY! I woke up at 4 this morning and was off and on until 7 when I finally decided to get up. Too much excitement. Anyway, GWU Football takes on Furman tonight at 7. I'm anxious, excited, and stressed; I can't image what the players and coaches are feeling.
In honor of tonight, I wanted to post pictures from the staff cookout at the Head Coach's house (we missed you KaShanda, Keenan, and Kendall). Coach McCray and Ms. Angel were kind enough to have all of us over before camp started early this month. Their house is absolutely beautiful and was the perfect place to have everyone together. I love moments like this because it reminds me of how God has blessed Brett and me so much with a great head coach, one of the best support systems for me in the football wives, and much entertainment from all of the coaches' kids. We really couldn't ask for a better staff or a better man to lead the ship.
 |
| Sweet little Daniel. The youngest coach's son. |
 |
| I think Issac was posing for this one. |
 |
| Sydnei is the best big sister. |
 |
| Michelle holding Piera, Rocco and Melissa's youngest. What a doll. |
 |
| Love this man and the ministry we have together. |
 |
| I just love this picture of Kelly with Daniel. |
 |
| Those precious little hands.b |
During camp, we take the players to church. Those two Sundays are some of my favorite Sundays of the year (I know I have a lot of favorites in this post). It's one of the clearest ways I see how God uses us. After service, the church we attend feeds us lunch. It's a big task with all of the men, but I'm very thankful the local churches want to be involved.
The first Sunday of camp was picture day, so after church we headed back to GWU to get family, coach, and player pictures. Another moment where I realize how blessed we are. And how hilarious and full of energy the boys are.
 |
| Sharp. And he dressed himself. |
 |
| My coach |
 |
| Coaches' son minus Daniel. Nothing like it. |
 |
| Be still my heart. So precious. |
 |
| Some of the football wives. So thankful. |
 |
| After the second Sunday taking the team to church. |
And with that, let's get ready.
It's GAME DAY! GO DAWGS! BEAT FURMAN!
No comments:
Post a Comment