Monday, October 14, 2013

Laney's First Football Game


I apologize (but not really) about the Laney overload you are about to receive. She is just too precious.  I drove down to Conway, SC Saturday to watch GWU take on Coastal Carolina (ranked 6/8).  Brett's whole family, Maggie's parents, my bestie and cousin, and some of our friends were able to make it down to the game because they live right across the SC/NC border.

It was Laney's first college football game.  She was such a trooper. At the start of the game, it was little hot as our seats faced the sun, but she hung in there.  Laney even slept about an hour through the cheering.  Being able to sleep through anything is definitely a Hickman trait.

It's the first game Maggie's parents, Leslie and David, got to see Brett coach, and the first GWU game Maggie has been able to see because of her schedule at the bridal boutique.   Kyle, Megan, Chad, and Kat came for the second half.  Although the outcome wasn't what we were hoping for, I was glad everyone could be there. Plus, I know Brett (Uncle B) was happy to see Laney after the game.  It put a smile on his face before the long drive home last night.

GWU has a bye weekend this Saturday.  It will be great for them to heal up a little bit before taking on Liberty in two weeks.  Enjoy the pictures from the GWU/Coastal game.

Laney's first college football game!
Seeing Uncle B before the game.
She did so well at her first game.
Chad, Kat, Megan, and Kyle made it down for the game.
Be still my heart.
Sweet girl
I can't get enough of that dimple.
Makes my heart happy
So so glad I got to see the bestie. Two weekends in a row.
Uncle B was so happy to see Laney after the game.
Uncle B and Auntie Sara love you Laney!
The original 5. Could not ask for a better family-in-love.
The Hickman ladies. Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment