Sunday, October 13, 2013

Celebrating the Best Friend and Bride-to-Be

A week ago, Megan's bridesmaids hosted a bridal shower to celebrate her and Kyle.  After countless emails between the bridesmaids, I think we were able to make Megan feel very loved.

We decided to go with a sunflower theme, since that's Megan's favorite flower.  Everyone brought food Megan either had stated that she liked, or that have been big hits at parties.  Whitney made a super cute Bride-To-Be banner, and brought thank you cards.

ATTENTION FUTURE BRIDESMAIDS! This is one of the most practical things you can do for your bride-to-be.  I saw it at a bridal shower I attended about four years ago, and fell in love with the idea.  A bridesmaid buys thank you cards.  Guests who bring gifts write their address on the envelope.  Then, the bride doesn't have to worry about addressing envelopes (on top of other wedding thank you notes), and she doesn't have to worry about if she got the address right.  My bridesmaids did that for me; something that I appreciated so much.  And as a bride, you seem to write the thank you notes more quickly.  It's always good to be able to check things off lists (at least for a Type-A person like me).

Hannah brought index cards on which people wrote an embarrassing or memorable moment of/with Megan.  Hannah read it out loud, and Megan had to guess whose memory it was.  It was a great way to get to know how people knew Megan, and to share in some laughs.

Prior to the shower, I sent Kyle a bunch of questions to answer.  Mr. David (Megan's dad) mentioned to Kyle that it would be neat if he could Skype in during the shower.  Megan answering the questions was the perfect time.  It was really special to see the interaction between them.  Kyle's expressions and responses were hilarious.  What a wonderful idea Mr. David!

While Megan opened up all of her gifts, the guests played bridal bingo.  She got some fantastic and practical gifts.  So neat to see things she will be using in her married life.  We also did a bridal quiz.  The top two winners of the bridal quiz and first three bingo winners received a prize.  For prizes, we bought some of Megan's favorite things and placed them in mason jars.  We gave away chocolate, sunflower seeds, watermelon sour patch kids, a Bojangles gift card, and a Starbucks gift card.

Overall, we had a blast celebrating the upcoming marriage of Megan and Kyle.  I am so so excited to see how God is going to use them for His kingdom.  I know He had great plans for them.  Love you Monk and (little cuz) Kyle!

Pretty sunflowers Jess brought.
Meesh! (Please excuse my face.  I got really burnt at the GWU/Charlotte game the previous day)
Prom pose with Megan, Jess, and the corsage Jess had made.
Kyle Skyping in. Hilarious.
Megan's friends and family
Some of Megan's bridesmaids.  We love her.
Old Wilson friends!
Love my best friend and soon-to-be cousin.
Oba loves Megan.
Blended family. Spivey, Ott, Veale, Hickman, and Lloyd women.
My best friends. Wouldn't know what to do without them.

And while I'm at it, I'll share some pictures Dad took of Oba and her sister Yoshiko, who is visiting from Seattle for a month.  If you could see this whole string of pictures, you would be crying from laughing so hard.  These two little ladies are hilarious.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of them.
My daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment